The Faculty Professional Development program at Lane provides means for faculty to: a) accommodate changes in disciplines, technology, pedagogy, and expectations of students, faculty and the community; b) contribute to their profession; c) collaborate with other faculty and the community; and d) increase their capacity to professionally grow and teach. Our program is unique in that it is led by faculty, for faculty.
If you have a suggestion for a guest speaker for LCC, please complete this brief guest speaker suggestion form.
FPD has a new logo!
The Faculty Professional Development program supports:
- An Inclusive Teaching Event Series
- Faculty inquiry groups
- Paid sabbaticals
- Faculty Connections, an orientation and mentoring program for new faculty members
- Democracy Conversation Series
- Conference and workshop attendance
- Tuition support for external courses
- Memberships in academic organizations
- Journal subscriptions and
- Classroom observations.
For an updated list of upcoming events:
Faculty Professional Development is one of a number of campus programs affiliated with the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at Lane.
For more information about the CTL and its affiliated programs as well as links to recordings from the 2021 CTL Symposium, see the CTL's webpage.
If you have any questions about FPD programs or this site: