CCSSE & SENSE
Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE)
Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE) provides information about effective educational practice in community colleges and assists institutions in using that information to promote improvements in student learning and persistence. CCSSE's goal is to provide member colleges with results that can be used to inform decision making and target institutional improvements. CCSSE was conducted at Lane 2005, 2008, 2011, 2014, and 2017.
Survey of Entering Student Engagement (SENSE)
Survey of Entering Student Engagement (SENSE) helps colleges discover why some entering students persist and succeed and others do not. Administered during the 4th and 5th weeks of the fall academic term, SENSE helps colleges learn what is working and what needs improvement in their intake processes and students' earliest classroom experiences with the goal of improving entering student retention and outcomes. SENSE was conducted 2009, 2012, and 2015.
Stop-out Survey solicited input from degree-seeking students who had enrolled during the Fall 2016 term, but did not continue the next term-Winter 2017. Respondents helped Lane understand why they did not return, who they consulted in making their decision, services they used while at Lane, do they plan to return in the future, and their overall experience at Lane.
Student Follow-Up Study
Student Follow-Up Study was conducted 2007, 2009, and 2011. The study targeted two groups of former Lane students: (a) students who earned a degree or certificate; and (b) students who progressed toward but did not earn a formal award.
- Student Follow-Up Study Spring 2011 - 2009-10 Students: One Year Later
- Student Follow-Up Study Spring 2009 - 2007-08 Students: One Year Later
- Student Follow-Up Study Spring 2007 - 2005-06 Students: One Year Later
ACT Student Opinion Survey
ACT Student Opinion Survey was conducted every two years (2002, 2004, & 2006) by all Oregon community colleges to assess perceptions of college environment and services.
- ACT Lane Additional Questions Spring 2006
- ACT Lane Additional Questions Spring 2004
- ACT Lane Additional Questions Spring 2002
ACT Student Opinion Survey (NW Edition) (All Oregon community colleges administer this survey to assess perceptions of college environment and services)
Foundations of Excellence was conducted during the 2011-12 academic year, the surveys were designed to obtain opinions about the degree to which Lane implements an effective first year experience.
- Faculty/Staff Survey Findings - Faculty/staff survey for 2-Year institutions: The purpose of this survey is to collect perceptions of Lane's faculty and staff about practices and policies for the delivery of services for first-year students.
- New Student and Transfer-Bound Student Survey Findings - New student and transfer-bound student survey for 2-Year institutions: The purpose of this survey is to collect students' experiences and perceptions about Lane's practices and policies for the delivery of services for first-year students.
Second-hand Smoke Survey was conducted Spring 2008 to Lane students and employees. The results and comments are available here.