A Lane Community College student photo identification card is not currently required for conducting business at LCC. However, as some community and government processes require some form of photo ID or a way to show student status, any student currently registered at LCC and LCC staff may request a LCC student photo ID. The card is property of LCC and is not meant to replace current staff ID cards that are issued by Public Safety for access to LCC buildings.
Cost: Students currently registered may request a LCC student ID card for $5 with replacement cards at $5. The cost is added to the student’s account.
Validity: The card does not guarantee current enrollment and cannot be transferred to others. Use of the card is governed by LCC policies. Cards are not issued annually. The card is valid from five calendar years from the date of issue only when the student is a registered student at LCC.
Requesting a card: To obtain a student photo identification card, students must fill out this application LCC Student Photo Identification Card Request Form. When filling out the application students need to use their First and Last names and submit a color photo of their face that complies with the Photo requirements listed below. The College will mail the card to the specified address using the postal mail.
- Color jpg/jpeg photo (no black-and-white)
- Solid white background (you can use white pieces of paper or a whiteboard as your background)
- Photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space above the head
- Looking straight ahead (no profile or 3/4 angle) with eyes level
- No hats, caps, scarves, masks, eyeglasses, or sunglasses
- No animals or props
- Neutral facial expression or smile is permitted
- No "funny" faces, please
- Photo needs to be taken no earlier than the past calendar year.
Note: LCC can reject a submitted photo for any of the above, or for other reasons
Bus Passes: Student photo ID cards are not bus passes/LTD transit cards. See more information about bus passes.
Questions/help: If students have any questions or need help with the process, they can e-mail email@example.com or leave a message at 541-463-5895.