Employee Voluntary Transfers




Human Resources


Human Resources


(541) 463-5115

Primary Contact

Shane Turner

Contact Email

Responsible Executive Authority

Executive Director for Human Resources and Compliance


Employees in budgeted positions may request a transfer to another position.This procedure describes the steps to be taken by the employee making the request, the department administrator, and the Human Resources Department.


All transfer requests from employees in budgeted positions must be submitted in writing and reviewed for compliance with the appropriate collective bargaining agreement (classified or faculty) or the Management Employees Working Conditions Document, and current affirmative action and equal employment opportunity guidelines.

A department administrator who receives a written request from a budgeted employee for a voluntary transfer should forward the request to the director of Human Resources for review. Human Resources will coordinate the administrative review of the request and notify the employee of action taken on the request.

If the transfer of an employee in a budgeted position is approved, Human Resources will prepare the Personnel Action Form to move the employee from one position to another. The employee will be placed on the salary schedule according to the appropriate salary placement procedure (see Hiring Rates: Classified Positions or Hiring Rates: Faculty Positions). The department administrators involved are responsible for preparing all position budget paperwork that may be required.


Budgeted Position - Contracted faculty, management and .50 FTE or greater classified positions that go through the position budgeting process and are approved by the board of education

Date Adopted

Saturday, May 1, 1999

Date Last Reviewed

Thursday, October 9, 2014