Grades: Changing






Enrollment Success/Registrar


(541) 463-5686

Primary Contact

Dawn Whiting

Responsible Executive Authority

Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs


This procedure describes the responsibilities of the instructor and the student when initiating or requesting a grade change.


If an error has been made in recording or reporting grades in myLane, the instructor may initiate a grade change. Changes may be made in grade and/or number of credits for variable-credit courses. The instructor completes a paper grade change form available from the department office, and submits it directly to Enrollment Services through campus mail. It is essential that the Change of Course or Added Grade Record Form be delivered directly to Enrollment Services/Student Records by the initiating department. Students are not to hand carry any grade forms.

If a student believes an error has occurred, the student should contact the instructor. If the number of credits is increased or a course is added, the additional tuition, fees and any other charges will be charged to the student's account and the student will be billed.

If a grade option change is requested by the student and it is after the deadline for changes, the student will need to process an General Education Substitution and Waiver Petition. He or she will need to explain what extenuating circumstances kept them from completing this change before the deadline.

If a student wishes to appeal a grade provided by the instructor, they should complete an General Education Substitution and Waiver Petition and request a Grade Change Appeal review.

Date Adopted

Saturday, May 1, 1999

Date Last Reviewed

Tuesday, December 1, 2015