Administrative Program Review
The purpose of program review is to enhance programs, services, and the student experience. The philosophy of program review is to engage in a cycle of continuous improvements made by the people doing the work.
It is structured as a self study to evaluate and enhance the quality, currency and effectiveness of programs and services. Reviews also inform institutional planning and resource allocation.
Program review teams study the program/service, create a vision for the future, develop a plan to strengthen the program/service and document the work. For more information see the resources below.
The diagram above illustrates the four-year program review cycle. Year 1 includes a collaborative research process culminating in a report with recommendations for improvement. Year 2 includes the creation and submission of an action plan. During year 3 and 4 implementation continues and updates to the action plan are submitted. In year 4 the effectiveness of changes are evaluated. Once the cycle has been completed, it is begun anew.
- Program Review Overview Infographic
- Program Review Milestones & Timeline
- Introduction to Administrative Program Review
- Program Review of Self-Study Guide and Template
- Self-Study Report Template
- Schedule of Programs Undertaking Review
- Tips for a Successful Program Review Self Study
- External Peer Reviewer Guiding Questions (PDF)
- Completed Program Review Reports
- Program Review Action Plan TEMPLATE (Google doc)
- Examples of program reviews from other educational institutions