Lane Community College began the process of creating a formal print management system for students, faculty, and staff in January of 2012. This multi-year work was done by a campus committee chaired by Barbara Barlow-Powers and Bill Schuetz. The final steps of the project were completed in early 2016.
The key accomplishments of the project were:
- Created a centralized process for purchase, maintenance, and billing of all copiers and printers on campus for use by faculty and staff
- Created a centralized ordering and distribution system for toner, spare parts, and paper
- Established an enterprise software platform, PaperCut, to control print management for faculty, staff, and students
- Established a sensible print quota for LCC students who are eligible for participation through payment of the technology fee
- Associating Staff ID with Copy Machine
- Titan Print Tutorial
- Titan Print Adding Funds
- Scan to Email or Google Drive
The rates for each independently budgeted department are as follows:
- .09 cents per impression on an approved copier or laser printer
- .20 cents per impression on an approved color copier or laser printer
LCC encourages all students to use duplex mode for any machines capable of utilizing duplex printing; however, cost per impression rates will not be altered for duplex copies or printouts. Specialty paper can be used when provided by the student on certain machines; however, cost per impression rates will not be altered when using specialty paper. Rates are as follows:
- .10 cents per black and white impression for all supported print devices.
- .35 cents per color impression for all supported print devices.
Staff member keycard access for copiers:
Submit a request through the IT Helpdesk at Printing, Printers, and Copiers
LCC print management support
NO machine is to be moved without contacting the Print Management team