Meetings and Decisions

Meetings and Decisions

Meetings are held generally on the second and fourth Fridays of the month during fall, winter, and spring terms, on Zoom, 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.

2020-21 Meetings and Minutes

Co-chairs: Jenn Kepka and Rachel Knighten

Minutes are linked in the Agenda for each following meeting (i.e., minutes for October 9 are linked in the October 23 meeting). Zoom recordings for all sessions in 2020-21 are available on request to the co-chairs.

2019-2020 Meetings and Decisions

Co-Chairs: Lee Imonen and Jenn Kepka

Spring 2020:

Winter 2020:

Fall 2019:


2018-2019 Meetings and Decisions

Co Chairs - Lee Imonen and Jessica Alvarado

Spring 2019

Faculty Council Meetings - 2nd, 4th Fridays 3:00 to 4:30 Boardroom

  • June 7th, Minutes - Date changed to align with 10th week 3:00 to 4:30 gathering afterwards is planned
  • May 24th, Minutes
    • Incomplete process will be changed to convert to grades earned by 3 months with option for exception up to 1 year. Banner will be set up to automate this process. Changes approved by Faculty Council members and will take effect starting summer term. Revision to Incomplete policy with be brought back to June 7th meeting.
    • Exception to 1/2 year attendance was made to open up options for newer Faculty Council members to consider Co-Chair option for the 19/20 Academic year. Jessica Alvarado is stepping down at the end of this year.
    • Faculty Council usually meets the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. Decision was made to meet June 7th to align with Week 10.
  • May 10th, 2019 Minutes
    • Caoimhin O'Fearghil, Lee Imonen, Susie Cousar, Steve McQuiddy and Jessica Alvarado will meet with President Hamilton, Paul Jarrell to discuss Governance Review concerns moving forward prior to the May 23rd Governance Forum. This subgroup is creating a working draft of priniciples and priorities.
    • Incomplete process changes are being discussed and will be revised to present at the May 24th meeting
  • April 26th, 2019 Minutes
    • Susie Cousar withdrew nomination to Guided Pathways Committee.
    • Russell Shitabata, Aryn Bartley and Rachel Knightly approved to work with Learning Council on the Instructor Hours on Campus Policy
    • Jessica Alvarado and Jeneva Anderson approved for Faculty Achievements Recognition worrkgroup with VP Paul Jarrell
    • Jessica Alvarado will join the Accreditation Leadership Team
  • April 12th, 2019 Minutes
    • Susie Cousar appointed to Guided Pathways Coordinating Committee.

Non Standard Grading Meetings - Weekly - Thursdays 10-11 a.m. Building 1, room 103D

Winter 2019

Faculty Council Meetings

  • March 8th, 2019 Minutes - next meeting will be April 12th, 2019
  • Faculty Rosa Lopez - Career Pathways/PASS Program and Victoria Webb - ABSE were appointed to the Multiple Measures Task Force.
  • Instructor Hours on Campus Policy was reviewed/edited and is ready for recommendations to move forward to Learning Council
  • Spring In-Service session is approved by Faculty Council for Non Standard Grading Work Group to provide a workshop for Faculty - regarding educating faculty about options for students who are at risk for failing a course.
  • Faculty Survey approved with minor revisions and will be presented to all Faculty regarding current hiring practices. More information to follow.
  • February 22, 2019 Minutes

Immediate Recommendations: Motion to approve as written - Susie Cousar; Second - Matt Svoboda  Approved unanimously 

  • NC non-standard grading mark – fully eliminate, effective immediately.
  • Emphasize the following options that address some of the issues for which the NC grade was used
    • No Show Drop (instructor initiated);
    • No Show/Drop Request (student initiated);
    • Refund Request
    • Request to Absolve Repeated Courses;
    • Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal;
    • Request to Adjust Alert Status
  • Propose to administration that a work group be formed to focus on further development including using technology (e.g. Banner – Faculty Feedback, etc) of an Early Alert system
  • Improve communication to faculty, students and campus community regarding resources and options, including new student orientations, early alert processes and Making Wise Choices workshops and processes for situations outside of student’s control.
  • February 8, 2019 - Added multiple faculty to Learning Management Eval/Review Committee. Kate Sullivan to ARRC and Tammy Salman to Credit for Prior Learning Committee. Instructor Office Hour Policy subgroup formed.
  • January 25, 2019 Minutes Faculty Council commit to co-sponsoring an event with APROC
  • January 11th, 2019 Minutes
    • Learning Management system evaluation potential changes to have faculty co-chairs that are nominated by Faculty Council and LCCEA - will do call out to see level of interest and nominate at the 1/25 meeting
    • Communication to Faculty developed regarding suspension of NC non standard grade and the importance of No Show Drops by faculty.

Non Standard Grading Work Group of Faculty Council

Fall 2018

Faculty Council Meetings

  • November 30th, 2018 Minutes (due to holiday on the 23rd)
    • Karen Krumrey - Communication Faculty - appointed to Learning Council
    • Faculty roles and responsibilities work group on hiring committees appointed - Jim Salt, Aryn Bartley, Sam Gibeau
  • November 9th, 2018 Minutes
    • Suspend the use of NC grade effective January 7th, 2019

      Need to have acceptable grading alternative in place for Winter term between February 1st and March 1st.

      Second Motion: Approved

      Faculty Council will direct the work group to include appropriate administrative involvement and will now focus on identifying acceptable grading alternative to recommend to Faculty Council. This work group meetings will be open- it currently meets Mondays 8-9 a.m. in Building 19 room 239. Winter term day, time and location TBA

      Additional outreach to include campus wide Faculty feedback in the Faculty Council blog and by email and also facilitated by Faculty Council Members.

    • A position statement will be written to support the concerns presented by Stan Taylor and to highlight the urgency to consider the need to hire full time faculty within Political Science. Also to support as part of the Faculty Hiring Criteria to include the need for at least one full time faculty in each discipline.

  • October 26th, 2018 Miinutes and NC Grade Issues - Paul Jarrell
    • Brenda Williams appointed to Student Affairs Council
    • Shannon Ball/Rachel Knighten appointed to Academic Program Review Oversight Committee
    • Curriculum Review Committee seeking Advance Tech Faculty appointment
    • Need appointments for Learning Council and the Assessment Team
    • Members will share with departments merits/demerits for the use of NC Non Standard Grade. Plan is to return with feedback and plan to vote November 9th regarding the possible suspension of the use of NC.
  • October 12th, 2018 Minutes
    • Brenda Williams and Dennis Gilbert approved to join Non Standard Grading Work Group
  • September 28, 2018 Minutes
    • How waitlist/Z coding changes work for student and faculty will be monitored
    • Non Standard Grade Policy - will form a work group to bring back proposals
    • Need new appointments for Learning Council and Student Affairs
    • Faculty Council and Academic and Student Affairs is planning to host a forum on the possibility of using a Faculty Chair model.

Non Standard Grading Work Group

2017-2018 Meetings and Decisions

Co Chairs - Jessica Alvarado and Aryn Bartley

Spring 2018

Winter 2018

Fall 2017

2016-2017 Meetings and Decisions

Archived meeting information: