Meetings and Decisions
Meetings are held generally on the second and fourth Fridays of the month during fall, winter, and spring terms, on Zoom, 3:00 - 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
2020-21 Meetings and Minutes
Co-chairs: Jenn Kepka and Rachel Knighten
Minutes are linked in the Agenda for each following meeting (i.e., minutes for October 9 are linked in the October 23 meeting). Zoom recordings for all sessions in 2020-21 are available on request to the co-chairs.
- October 9 Agenda
- October 23 Agenda
- November 13 Agenda
- December 4 Agenda
- January 8 Agenda
- January 22 Agenda
- February 12 Agenda
- February 26 Agenda
- March 12 Agenda
- April 9 Agenda
- April 23 Agenda
- May 14 Agenda
- May 28 Agenda
- June 11 Agenda
2019-2020 Meetings and Decisions
Co-Chairs: Lee Imonen and Jenn Kepka
- June 10 Meeting Notes
- March 13 Agenda | March 13 Minutes
- February 28 Agenda | February 28 Minutes
- February 14 Agenda | February 14 Minutes
- January 24 Agenda | January 24 Minutes
- January 10 Agenda | January 10 Minutes
- December 6 Agenda | December 6 Minutes
- November 22 Agenda | November 22 Minutes
- November 8 Agenda | November 8 Minutes
- October 25 Agenda | October 25 Minutes
- October 11 Agenda | October 11 Minutes
2018-2019 Meetings and Decisions
Co Chairs - Lee Imonen and Jessica Alvarado
Faculty Council Meetings - 2nd, 4th Fridays 3:00 to 4:30 Boardroom
- June 7th, Minutes - Date changed to align with 10th week 3:00 to 4:30 gathering afterwards is planned
- May 24th, Minutes
- Incomplete process will be changed to convert to grades earned by 3 months with option for exception up to 1 year. Banner will be set up to automate this process. Changes approved by Faculty Council members and will take effect starting summer term. Revision to Incomplete policy with be brought back to June 7th meeting.
- Exception to 1/2 year attendance was made to open up options for newer Faculty Council members to consider Co-Chair option for the 19/20 Academic year. Jessica Alvarado is stepping down at the end of this year.
- Faculty Council usually meets the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month. Decision was made to meet June 7th to align with Week 10.
- May 10th, 2019 Minutes
- Caoimhin O'Fearghil, Lee Imonen, Susie Cousar, Steve McQuiddy and Jessica Alvarado will meet with President Hamilton, Paul Jarrell to discuss Governance Review concerns moving forward prior to the May 23rd Governance Forum. This subgroup is creating a working draft of priniciples and priorities.
- Incomplete process changes are being discussed and will be revised to present at the May 24th meeting
- April 26th, 2019 Minutes
- Susie Cousar withdrew nomination to Guided Pathways Committee.
- Russell Shitabata, Aryn Bartley and Rachel Knightly approved to work with Learning Council on the Instructor Hours on Campus Policy
- Jessica Alvarado and Jeneva Anderson approved for Faculty Achievements Recognition worrkgroup with VP Paul Jarrell
- Jessica Alvarado will join the Accreditation Leadership Team
- April 12th, 2019 Minutes
- Susie Cousar appointed to Guided Pathways Coordinating Committee.
Non Standard Grading Meetings - Weekly - Thursdays 10-11 a.m. Building 1, room 103D
- 6/13 to be determined
- 6/6 Recommendations for 10th/11th week options
- 5/30 Revise proposal to incomplete grade procedure
- 5/23/19 Minutes Revise proposal for changes to incomplete and evaluate impact on Co-op
- 5/16/19 Minutes Draft proposal for changes to incomplete
- 5/9/19 Minutes Discuss recommendations for incomplete
- 5/2/19 Minutes Data request for Incomplete/other information
- 4/25/19 Minutes Spring Conference planning - Pro/Con list of changing week 8 schedule change options
- 4/18/19 Minutes Petition for Exception to Academic Policy
- April 11th, 2019 Minutes - Setting agenda/reviewing priorities
Faculty Council Meetings
- March 8th, 2019 Minutes - next meeting will be April 12th, 2019
- Faculty Rosa Lopez - Career Pathways/PASS Program and Victoria Webb - ABSE were appointed to the Multiple Measures Task Force.
- Instructor Hours on Campus Policy was reviewed/edited and is ready for recommendations to move forward to Learning Council
- Spring In-Service session is approved by Faculty Council for Non Standard Grading Work Group to provide a workshop for Faculty - regarding educating faculty about options for students who are at risk for failing a course.
- Faculty Survey approved with minor revisions and will be presented to all Faculty regarding current hiring practices. More information to follow.
- February 22, 2019 Minutes
Immediate Recommendations: Motion to approve as written - Susie Cousar; Second - Matt Svoboda Approved unanimously
- NC non-standard grading mark – fully eliminate, effective immediately.
- Emphasize the following options that address some of the issues for which the NC grade was used
- No Show Drop (instructor initiated);
- No Show/Drop Request (student initiated);
- Refund Request
- Request to Absolve Repeated Courses;
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal;
- Request to Adjust Alert Status
- Propose to administration that a work group be formed to focus on further development including using technology (e.g. Banner – Faculty Feedback, etc) of an Early Alert system
- Improve communication to faculty, students and campus community regarding resources and options, including new student orientations, early alert processes and Making Wise Choices workshops and processes for situations outside of student’s control.
- February 8, 2019 - Added multiple faculty to Learning Management Eval/Review Committee. Kate Sullivan to ARRC and Tammy Salman to Credit for Prior Learning Committee. Instructor Office Hour Policy subgroup formed.
- January 25, 2019 Minutes Faculty Council commit to co-sponsoring an event with APROC
- January 11th, 2019 Minutes
- Learning Management system evaluation potential changes to have faculty co-chairs that are nominated by Faculty Council and LCCEA - will do call out to see level of interest and nominate at the 1/25 meeting
- Communication to Faculty developed regarding suspension of NC non standard grade and the importance of No Show Drops by faculty.
Non Standard Grading Work Group of Faculty Council
- March 7th, 2019 Minutes
- February 21st, 2019 Minutes
- February 14th, 2019 Minutes
- February 7th, 2019 Minutes, February 6th, 2019 Update
- January, 31st, 2019 Minutes
- January 24th, 2019 Minutes, January 24th Data Sheet and January 24th Handout
- January, 17th, 2019 Minutes
- January 10th, 2019 Minutes and January 10th, 2019 packet
Faculty Council Meetings
- November 30th, 2018 Minutes (due to holiday on the 23rd)
- Karen Krumrey - Communication Faculty - appointed to Learning Council
- Faculty roles and responsibilities work group on hiring committees appointed - Jim Salt, Aryn Bartley, Sam Gibeau
- November 9th, 2018 Minutes
Suspend the use of NC grade effective January 7th, 2019
Need to have acceptable grading alternative in place for Winter term between February 1st and March 1st.
Second Motion: Approved
Faculty Council will direct the work group to include appropriate administrative involvement and will now focus on identifying acceptable grading alternative to recommend to Faculty Council. This work group meetings will be open- it currently meets Mondays 8-9 a.m. in Building 19 room 239. Winter term day, time and location TBA
Additional outreach to include campus wide Faculty feedback in the Faculty Council blog and by email and also facilitated by Faculty Council Members.
A position statement will be written to support the concerns presented by Stan Taylor and to highlight the urgency to consider the need to hire full time faculty within Political Science. Also to support as part of the Faculty Hiring Criteria to include the need for at least one full time faculty in each discipline.
- October 26th, 2018 Miinutes and NC Grade Issues - Paul Jarrell
- Brenda Williams appointed to Student Affairs Council
- Shannon Ball/Rachel Knighten appointed to Academic Program Review Oversight Committee
- Curriculum Review Committee seeking Advance Tech Faculty appointment
- Need appointments for Learning Council and the Assessment Team
- Members will share with departments merits/demerits for the use of NC Non Standard Grade. Plan is to return with feedback and plan to vote November 9th regarding the possible suspension of the use of NC.
- October 12th, 2018 Minutes
- Brenda Williams and Dennis Gilbert approved to join Non Standard Grading Work Group
- September 28, 2018 Minutes
- How waitlist/Z coding changes work for student and faculty will be monitored
- Non Standard Grade Policy - will form a work group to bring back proposals
- Need new appointments for Learning Council and Student Affairs
- Faculty Council and Academic and Student Affairs is planning to host a forum on the possibility of using a Faculty Chair model.
Non Standard Grading Work Group
- December 3rd, 2018 Minutes
- November 26th, 2018 Minutes
- November 19th, 2018 Minutes and November 19th Financial Aid flow Chart
- November 9th, 2018 Recommendation from Work Group to Faculty Council
- November 5th, 2018 Minutes
- October 29th, 2018 Minutes
- October 22nd, 2018 Minutes
- October 15th, 2018 Minutes
2017-2018 Meetings and Decisions
Co Chairs - Jessica Alvarado and Aryn Bartley
- June 8, 2018 Minutes
- Approved Appointment - JS Bird to Learning Council
- May 25, 2018 Minutes
- Approved Appointments:
- Christina Salter and Gary Mort (renewal) to Academic Requirements Review Committee;
- Andy Salzman to Facilities Council
- Approved Appointments:
- May 11th Minutes PDF
- April 27 Minutes PDF
- Approved Appointments: Paula Thonney, Caoimhin O’Fearghail, and Julie Lindsey to Curriculum Committee
- April 13th Minutes PDF
- March 9th Minutes PDF
- February 23rd Minutes PDF
- Presentation on Day One Access program (Direct Digital Access program)
- February 9th Minutes PDF
- January 26th Minutes PDF
- Approved Appointment: Kevin Steeves to Student Affairs Council
- Motion: Faculty Council supports $25000 grant initiative to provide faculty and staff with professional development to learn more about Guided Pathways, with the understanding that this grant is not committing the college to pursue a particular version of Guided Pathways or Guided Pathways itself.
- Resolution: Resolved, that Faculty Council supports an open, inclusive, and equitable process to disburse the grant and expand involvement in the Guided Pathways discussion.
- January 12th Minutes PDF
- Approved Appointment: Peter Lerner to Technology Council
- Faculty Council Statement on English Department Restructuring PDF
- December 22nd - Winter break
- December 1st Minutes PDF
- Approved Appointments:
- Carly Policha and Grady O’Connor to Safety Committee
- Brenda Williams and Anthony Hampton to Academic Requirements Review Committee
- Approved Appointments:
- November 17th Minutes PDF
- Approved Appointments: Ellen Osterkamp and Shannon Ball to Assessment Team
- Indigenous People's Statement, Diversity Council
- October 27th Minutes PDF
- October 13th Agenda and October 13th Minutes
- Approved Appointment: Gerry Meenaghan to Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee
- Faculty Council meetings will be moved to previous Friday when the college is closed on a 2nd or 4th Friday
- Faculty Council will host Course Evaluation sessions
- Faculty Council members will be doing outreach to increase representation from across campus
2016-2017 Meetings and Decisions
- June 9, 2017 Minutes PDF
- Decision - FC subcommittee with LCCEA will plan meet and greet opportunities with the new college president starting as soon as possible. One will be early in summer and the one for all faculty closer to the start of Fall term (perhaps Friday of week Inservice week).
- Approved appointments:
- Academic and Degree Requirements Committee - reappointment Anne McGrail
- Curriculum Development and Degree Requirements Committee - Steve McQuiddy and Claudia Owen
- Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Committee - still open
- Faculty Co-chair - Aryn Bartley - first year will also serve as FC rep on Learning Council 17/18 and 18/19 academic years
- Faculty Co-Chair - Jessica Alvarado - second year will also serve as FC rep on College Council 17/18 academic year
- May 26, 2017 Minutes PDF
- Decision - FC members will host a Student Course Evaluation Workshop/Presentation at the Fall Inservice
- May 12, 2017 Minutes PDF
- April 28, 201 Minutes PDF
- April 14, 2017 Minutes PDF
- March 24, 2017 - cancelled
- March 10, 2017 Minutes PDF
- February 24, 2017 Minutes PDF
- February 10, 2017 Minutes PDF
- January 27, 2017 Minutes PDF
- Long Range Financial Planning PDF
- January 13, 2017 Minutes PDF
- November 18, 2016 - Building 1, room 224 Minutes PDF
- October 28, 2016 - Boardrom Minutes PDF
- October 28, 2016 - Handout PDF
- October 14, 2016 Minutes PDF
- Appointed Casey Reid to Student Affairs Council