Medical Receptionist class will be offered Spring term 2022.
Registration for Spring term will begin on March 15 at 7 am.
This noncredit course will provide students with entry-level skills to seek employment in medical and dental front desk. Instruction includes medical ethics and laws, basic medical terminology, customer service, clerical skills, registration and scheduling, basics of billing and insurance and initial medical record documentation.
It is highly recommended that students taking this course have basic MS Word and Excel skills, as well as a background in customer service in an office environment.
Fall Term 2021 Class Information
Class is on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-4 pm at Lane's Main Campus, 4000 E 30th Ave, Building 4 Room 104. Cost is $559. Textbooks will be provided at no cost to Students.
Cooperative Education (co-op) offers students college credit and a grade for on-the-job work experience related to their educational and career goals. Through co-op, Students connect theory and practice, develop skills, expand career knowledge, and have contacts for the future, Costs for co-op will vary. Work schedules and work sites vary. Students are required to pass a background check, drug screen, personal health insurance and have current immunizations to be eligible. Contact Sharma Clark email@example.com.
Class enrollment is limited to 20 students. Lane Community College reserves the right to cancel the course if minimum enrollment is not met.
Physicians' offices, dental offices, clinics, surgical centers and hospitals are just some of the organizations which employ Medical Receptionists.
Steps to register:
- Visit ce.lanecc.edu to set up a profile and register for class. If you have already created a profile, go to step 8.
- Click "Create a New Profile" and fill out the form
- You must fill in all boxes that have an asterisk
- Your L number is not required
- Use your email address for your username
- Create a password of your choice
- Once your profile has been set up you are ready to register
- Search for a class by clicking "courses" in the left hand column or in the search field on the upper right of the page
- Add your class to the shopping cart and checkout to finalize your registration
And more! As a student, you'll work with your advisor to develop a plan to meet your goals.
Lane’s main campus is tucked into the foothills of the Oregon Cascades, providing a stunning landscape for your education. With incredible resources on campus like advising, tutoring services, the library, First Year Experience and so many more, you have the opportunity to make the most out of your degree. Lane also offers student housing at Titan Court in downtown Eugene, next to our Mary Spilde Center. Ready to learn more? Schedule a campus tour to explore our beautiful campus and amazing facilities.