Massage Therapy Program
- How do I start the program?
- Do I have to start fall term?
- How long does it take to complete the program?
- Will classes taken at other community colleges or massage schools transfer to the program?
- If I hold a current Oregon license in a health related field, do I have to complete Lane's entire program?
- Are there other costs associated with the program?
- Is financial aid available?
- Are scholarships available?
- How does Lane's program compare with other massage schools in Oregon?
- I have finished the Massage Therapy Program. What is my next step?
- What if I have more questions?
How do I start the program?
You must attend an Informational Meeting to get all the resources and information you will need to plan and register for classes in the massage program. Dates and times of Informational Meetings – held once each term – are on the Massage Therapy Program main page.
Will classes taken at other community colleges or massage schools transfer to the program?
The Oregon Board of Massage Therapists (OBMT) determines which courses they will accept toward the minimum hours required for licensure. If you have taken courses at another school that you believe fulfill some of these requirements, please contact the Board to determine the hours and subjects you must yet complete and then speak with our Program Coordinator to insure that you register for the most appropriate of Lane's massage courses.
Are there other costs associated with the program?
Most courses have required textbooks, which vary in price. Students are required to receive two (2) professional massages over the course of the program. See this list of program and licensure costs for more.
How do I register and pay for tuition?
Registration and payment for all Continuing Education classes is done via an online, shopping cart style process with your debit or credit card. If an alternate method of payment is preferred, check or cash will be accepted in person at the Mary Spilde Center at 101 West 10th Avenue in Eugene. Contact Continuing Education regarding how payments are being handled at this time.
Are scholarships available?
The Continuing Education Department has a small scholarship program. Scholarships are awarded twice per year. The typical scholarship amount awarded is $300. Preference is given to students enrolled in certificate or pre-licensure programs. Please fill out and submit our application, available at the Mary Spilde Center.
How does Lane's program compare with other massage schools in Oregon?
All of these schools meet or exceed the requirements of the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists (including offering 200 hours of health sciences and 300 hours of massage theory and practical application). Most programs take at least 12 months to complete and classes have low teacher to student ratios. According to our students, many of whom transfer to Lane from other schools, the Lane Massage Therapy Program offers greater flexibility and high quality instruction at a very competitive cost!
- Check the current class schedule
- Contact Lane Community College Continuing Education at (541) 463-6100
- Contact the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists at (503) 365-8657
- Contact Kathy Calise at firstname.lastname@example.org