Nursing Assistant 1
Summer Term 2022
- Registration begins on June 7 at 7 am
- Classes begins the week of June 20
All informational meetings have been cancelled until further notice
Course Information - Space is limited!
The Nursing Assistant course provides the student with the skills to perform basic level nursing care. Content includes introduction to health care facilities, role of the nursing assistant, communication, medical terminology, basic body structure and function, patient needs, basic growth and development, preventing infection, body mechanics, and much more. This course is approved by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
Upon successful completion of this noncredit course, students may sit for the Oregon State Board of Nursing certification exam for nursing assistants at an additional fee.
One Term Only: The Nursing Assistant 1 course is ONE TERM ONLY. It is split into two half-term classes, Classroom Part One and Clinical Part Two, one following the other:
Nursing Assistant Class: Part One - Classroom
This is part one of a two-part class. Upon successful completion of Nursing Assistant Class-Part One, you will be able to register for Nursing Assistant Clinical-Part Two. Nursing Assistant Class-Part One and Nursing Assistant Clinical- Part Two must be successfully completed in order to sit for the Oregon State Board of Nursing certification exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Cost of the class includes Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR card ($60 value) and the textbook and workbook ($70 value). Class enrollment is limited to 10 students.
M/W/F | 8am-12pm | $709| Mary Spilde Center Rm 327 | Carrick
M/W/F | 1pm-5pm | $709 | Mary Spilde Center Rm 327 | Carrick
T/W/Th | 5pm-9pm | $709 | Mary Spilde Center Rm 327 | Kersgaard
T/Th | 9am-3pm | $709 | Mary Spilde Center Rm 327 | Leach
Nursing Assistant Clinical: Part Two - Clinical
This is part two of a two part class. You must successfully complete Nursing Assistant Class-Part One, in order to register for Nursing Assistant Clinical-Part Two. This class is designed to give the student a course of practice of basic level nursing care and skills.
M/W/F | 6am-2pm | $709 | Roper
T/W/Th | 4pm-10pm | $709 | Peschiera
T/Th | 7am-3:30pm | $709 | Leach
M/W/F | 2pm-10pm | $709 | Wheeler
Remember to Save Your Receipts
If you go to work in a LTC (long term care facility) after obtaining your state certification, you are entitled to reimbursement for your course costs from that long term care employer, including background checks, lab tests and testing fees! You do not have to work full-time to get this reimbursement.
How do I register for a class?
- Visit ce.lanecc.edu to set up a profile and register for class. If you have already created a profile, go to step 8.
- Click "Create a New Profile" and fill out the form
- You must fill in all boxes that have an asterisk
- Your L number is not required
- Use your email address for your username
- Create a password of your choice
- Once your profile has been set up you are ready to register
- Search for a class by clicking "courses" in the left hand column or in the search field on the upper right of the page
- Add your class to the shopping cart and checkout to finalize your registration