Cultural Competency Professional Development (CCPD)
Upcoming Sponsored CCPD Opportunities
These workshops are sponsored by the Office of Equity and Inclusion. Recordings will be made available for a limited time and only to Lane Employees. Please, look for those links in the weekly.
The following set of recordings is available to view onDemand. Please be aware that in order to request CCPD 'Credit' for the time, you will need to fill out and submit a Credit by Attendance Form.
Filmed in June 2020, and hosted by the Office of Equity and Inclusion, these presentations represent the 'take 1' set of presentations from our training contractors. Footage from take 2 remains in the 'vault'. Please zoom in with Phil Tajitsu Nash, Frances Portillo and Mads Whitmarsh Jones on the following topics:
- Storytelling for Social Justice Workshop Video
- Racial Aggression in the time of COVID Workshop Video
- Gender Identities, Marginality, and Allyship Workshop Video
- Gender Identities, Marginality, and Allyship Packet
- Foundations of Equity Presentation Video
- Foundations of Equity Handouts
G.R.I.O.T. - Greatness Rediscovered In Our Time We have committed to supporting the G.R.I.O.T. series, the brainchild of Dr. Lawrence A. Rasheed, in Summer 2020. G.R.I.O.T. conversations will showcase and amplify the work being done the area of Black African American Leadership and Scholarship. Join Dr. Rasheed and other thought leader panelists as they engage in virtual conversation(s). Tackling the Taboo: Black Male Mental Health July 30, 2020.
Additional Recommended Opportunities
- Dept of Education OCR Title VI Webinar: Racially Exclusive Practices and Title VI
- Dept of Education OCR Title VI Webinar: Use of Race in Admissions and Programs
- Office of Community College Research and Leadership (OCCRL), College of Education, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Community College for ALL: CC-ALL "a series of condensed and engaging digital materials that promote and foster success and equitable programs for diverse learners as they move through their guided programs. CC-ALL is designed for ALL individuals who are interested in and concerned about advancing issues related to community colleges. This convenient ALL-access, ALL-the-time material is for educators, advocates, students, and administrators." -OCCRL
- Lane's DEI Resource Pages previously hosted in our navigation menu
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Upcoming Webinars and OnDemand Access to previous events
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education Upcoming Webinars and OnDemand Access to previous events
- PaperClip Communications Free Resources
- AACU Free Webinar Series
- Association of College and University Educators free Webinar Series
- AACC Free Webinars
- NWCCU Diversity Equity and Inclusion Library of Resources and Free Access Webinars
Note these links lead to registration(s) through outside entities; please use a Credit by Attendance Form to claim time for outside (entity) recommendations.