Moodle 4 is here!
What's new in Moodle 4 that you need to know?
Moodle 4.0 offers a design overhaul that makes your courses easier to navigate, update, and deliver the content you want to your students. The course page structure will be substantially different, so we recommend you dive in and check out the new features and reach out to the ATC with any questions.
Brand new to Moodle 4? START HERE ⬇
(Click on the plus sign for information on the given topic)
When is this update happening?
On July 13, 2023 the College Learning Management Software (LMS), Moodle, will undergo a major and mandatory upgrade from Moodle 3 to Moodle 4. The Academic Technology team and IT department will work with the vendor to make the necessary technology transition on July 13, 14, and 15, 2023.
While we are able to impact many things within our customized version of Moodle, we are unable to delay, stop, disable, or severely alter the changes being put forth. As an Open Source Software product, changes are prioritized and influenced by the entire Moodle community.
Questions about Moodle 4.0? Reach out to the ATC!
Weekday Support, Monday - Friday
In-Person Support 9am-4pm
Phone (voicemail only): 541-463-3377 (8am-5pm)
Email: email@example.com (8am-5pm)
Join Live Online Help (via Zoom): ATC Virtual Support (10am-2pm)
Or join Virtual Support by Phone:
Dial: +1 346-248-7799
Enter Meeting ID: 934 628 325
For weekend, holiday, or term break schedules please see the ATC website.
Instructional Design Services
At Lane, an Instructional Designer is a faculty member dedicated to helping interested LCC faculty make effective use of the web and related technologies as part of the teaching-learning process. Within this role, we are prepared to work as information resources, facilitators, consultants, advocates, troubleshooters, liaisons, advisers, and leaders. Our goal is to prepare and assist faculty in developing and delivering courses following research-based best practices for student success and retention. Contact us to find out how we can help you build or improve your course.
See the ID Services website for more information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do? Learn more about Moodle 4
- Learning Moodle 4 - LinkedIn Learning course that covers Moodle 4 basics.
- 2022 CTL Symposium: Change is in the Air - Moodle 4.0 is coming! (40 min video tutorial) Zoom recording
- Try a live demo of Moodle 4.0 - This demonstration site gives you the opportunity to explore Moodle in action as a teacher or student. See how students are assessed and learning tracked in a variety of activities.
- Free Open LMS course (enrollment dates may vary): What’s new in 4.0 (check collapsed right side bar for course info) - Join Open LMS for this three-week course as we explore all of the new features, updates, and enhancements in 4.0.
- Getting Started with Moodle 4 (Zoom recording 33 min) - video of an introduction to Moodle 4, showing where things have moved, how to access the Open LMS Moodle 4 courses, and more!
Moodle 4 Tips and Tutorials
- Declutter your Moodle course and prepare for the release of Moodle 4.0!Here are some quick fixes from Moodle.com on how to streamline your course design that will work in both Moodle 3.11 and Moodle 4.0, Get started now!
- Moodle 4 "Cheat Sheet" - check out a quick reference guide that will help you see the big differences between Moodle 3 and 4.
- Moodle 4.0: Find your way around - Welcome to a new contemporary interface, an intuitive tabbed navigation and a redefined course experience that makes it easier for educators or trainers to create and edit courses
- Editing and basic navigation - Organize your content in seconds with Moodle 4.0: - Get an overview of the whole course structure. - Rearrange your course easily by dragging and dropping sections and activities.
- New location for importing courses - instead of using the "gear" icon, Moodle 4.0 has a "course reuse" function.
- Creating Assignments - Assignments in Moodle 4.0 can now include activity instructions and an assignment timer.
- Moodle 4 Where did _____ go? - No features were removed in the upgrade to 4.0. Many features have moved, however. If you're having trouble finding a setting, use this quick guide.